Suggest a topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for some antenna suggestions

Thanks Stuart!

This antenna is awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!! I still didn't get the antenna up to the roof but I put it on a 10' price of rigid aluminium conduit and temporarily mounted it on my back deck. Not only did I get WTAJ that is needed in football season I also got WATM which has ABC and Fox both now I get 15 channels consisting of ABC CBS PBS NBC and Fox. I don't know when I get it to the roof and add a rotor if I could get more or not. This is really good considering my tvfool report, and antenna web says I would only get WPSU

My mother in law just ordered one from SS We really can not afford Direct anymore. Good bye Direct had them for about 20+ years

I have another question is the white amp that comes with the antenna a distribution amp? I have been checking out the mast amp televes has. Would that give me a little more boost for my fringe channels? Is the outdoor mast amp better cause its cloister to the antenna?

If you're talking about this piece that comes with the antenna:

That is just the power supply. The preamplifier is located in the antenna itself. There is an internal 1x2 splitter in it. . Televes does make a distribution amplifier that looks very similar, they save money by reusing the same case for many components.

This is the distribution amp:

Televes TV Antenna Distribution Amp 5-Port with LTE Filtering (552380) from Solid Signal

Thanks. So a pre amp on the mast wouldn't help?

The antenna is already amplified. The only reason to add another mast preamplifier would be if the antenna was more than 200 feet from the TV.

OK thanks