Coming Soon... a new Solid Signal Blog

Thread: Time for an HR54?

Time for an HR54?

One of my HR21Pros went belly-up over the weekend (Ethernet port blinks, but NO lights on front panel, no picture from HDMI) and I'm thinking maybe it's time I upgrade instead of replace...

Assuming I have one of the two outputs on a SWM16 dedicated to the room this receiver is in, (Another HR21P and a H24 will continue to live on the *other* SWM output) is the HR54 my wisest choice at the moment?

Authorization aside, I'm assuming the HR54 will work as a "drop in" replacement for the HR21P? I.E., move my HDMI, optical digital audio, Ethernet and coax and go? Or do I need other hardware/accessories?

Unless I'm mistaken, I *must* buy this unit through Solid Signal if I want to self-install. If that's correct, I'm ready to buy as soon as I confirm everything above!

Thanks,
    - Chip

Yes HR54 is the best choice for you right now because Genie 2 would mean you would have to get rid of your other receivers.

Thank you Stuart. In looking over the Genie 2, I believe there were a few other additional "thumbs down" points that would prevent me from wanting to get one.

- Chip