Thread: IR cable for H25

IR cable for H25

I heard there is an IR cable for H25 boxes so that you can mount them behind the TV and still use the regular remote. Is this so?

That's ... sort of true. The H25-500 model can use an IR dongle because it's designed to work with the DIRECTV Residential Experience, which is the hotel version of DIRECTV. However, it's an unsupported feature in these boxes so I can't recommend you doing it long term. It's a better bet to run them with RF or use an IP control solution like K4D.

Yes. H25-500 model can use an IR dongle
    Last edited by armia741; 09-04-2014 at 06:29 AM.

As stated before, this is an unsupported use and shouldn't be counted on.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Sweet View Post
    As stated before, this is an unsupported use and shouldn't be counted on.
    Is this true for only the h25-500, or is it possible with h25-100 and h25-700? What is the difference in the last 3 digits of the model number?

It is only for the one model as far as I know. The last three numbers indicated the manufacturer, as noted here: Manufacturer codes for DIRECTV receivers - The Solid Signal Blog

I cannot confirm this still works, as the majority of the thread is from three years ago. It only worked on the one model because of shared code between the hotel version of the box's software and the regular residential version.