It’s looking like a good spring for 4K sports lovers. DIRECTV has announced a lot of 4K basketball broadcasts, and it’s a sure bet there’s more to come.
It’s going to be a big month for basketball. It starts March 13, with Big East tournament games on channel 105 in 4K HDR. The same programs will be available in HD for non-4K viewers on Fox Sports One.
At the same time, Big Ten series basketball games will air in 4K HDR starting March 13, on channel 106. It’s going to be a busy March, and that’s not even all of it!
March Madness coming, no details yet
AT&T will be airing March Madness in 4K according to their web site, but it’s not clear which games or which dates. Their schedule hasn’t been published yet, and their tentative schedule doesn’t even include the Final Four, although it probably will.
The full schedule, that we know of
Here’s the list of upcoming programs, as we know them so far:
- March 10: New Orleans at Atlanta (channel 106)
- March 13: Big East Tournament Games 1-2 (channel 105)
- March 13: Big 10 Tournament Games 1-2) (channel 106)
- March 14: Big East Tournament Games 3-6 (channel 105)
- March 14: Big 10 Tournament Games 3-6 (channel 106)
- March 15: Big East Tournament Games 7-8 (channel 105)
- March 15: Big 10 Tournament Games 7-8 (channel 105)
- March 15: Milwaukee at Miam (channel 105)
- March 19: Los Angeles Lakers at Milwaukee (channel 106)
- March 19-30 (possibly longer) March Madness to be announced
That, my friends, is a lot of basketball.
Now is the time to upgrade
In addition to all the great 4K sports, there are also a lot of 4K movies available live and on demand with DIRECTV. There’s also the country’s only 24/7 live 4K channel on channel 104. You won’t find that anywhere else.
There’s still time to upgrade to the latest and greatest DIRECTV service in order to get all of this content in 4K. You’ll need a Genie, model HR54 or Genie 2, plus a 4K Genie Mini Client and a 4K TV that supports HDR. You’ll also need a 4K-capable dish. If you want to do the upgrade yourself, you can get all the parts you need by shopping at Solid Signal. If you’re not sure what to buy, call the experts at 888-233-7563 and our technicians can get you everything you’ll need for your particular upgrade. If you want professional installation, we can arrange for that too!
This is the perfect time to get 4K-ready with DIRECTV satellite. The programming is coming fast and furious now, and you’ll need the right equipment to watch it!