Sling TV is shaping up to be a streaming superstar! At its recent 2019 earnings calls, DISH recently announced that its Sling TV service has more than 2.424 million subscribers. This reflects an increase of about 7,000 subscribers from the 2.42 million that DISH reported during the fourth quarter of 2018. As streaming services go, Sling shows a solid present and what could be a growing future. But what makes it popular with so many viewers? It has to do with Sling’s features and benefits:
- A monthly Sling TV package is more affordable than most cable TV packages.
- There are no contracts with a Sling subscription. You can cancel anytime without fees or penalties.
- Sling gives you three package options based on the type of programming you enjoy most.
- Get live channels including ESPN, CNN, Disney, and more without a cable subscription.
- Watch on your phone, tablet, or computer whether you’re at home or away.
- Add one/more of give Sling Extras options. These a la carte channel options to add to your base package for an extra $5/month.
- Add a wide variety of premium and foreign-language channels for $5-$15/month, depending on the channel.
These and other benefits make Sling an attractive streaming service provider for more than two million people. It continues to be a great option for cord-cutters and others who are tired of paying the high cost of cable. Speaking of cord-cutters, DISH has the perfect way for you to enjoy all those free local TV channels and Sling TV…
… The AirTV Player
The AirTV Player is DISH’s device for streaming Sling TV. It’s a great option for cord cutters because you can connect your TV antenna to it. (Note: You should do this because the service is limited with broadcast networks such as ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC.) The AirTV Player is made by DISH, the same company that owns Sling TV, which means the device is optimized for Sling. A Sling TV subscription brings national channels to the same menu as the local stations you get from your antenna. If you enjoy streaming services such as HBO GO, you can add that too.
“What if I Already Have a Streaming Device?”
That’s a very good question, and we have your answer. If you already have something you use to stream your favorite programming, you might not need to purchase an AirTV Player. If you want Sling TV, you can enjoy it using any one of these devices:
- Amazon Fire TV
- Amazon tablet
- Android device
- Android TV
- Apple TV
- iOS device
- LG TV
- Samsung Smart TV
- Xbox One
- Windows 10
If you have any one of these devices, it’s easy to get Sling TV. You simply choose the Sling package that you want and stream it through your existing device. Before you do that, there’s something very important that you need to know about…
… Sling TV Packages and Promotions
Which Sling TV package do you want? I guess your answer depends on whether you’re a sports fan, news nut, or a movie maven, or your family is a combination of all three. Whatever the case, Sling TV has a package for you from these choices:
- The Orange package comes with 34 channels.
- The Blue package gives you 50 channels.
- The Orange and Blue package delivers 56 channels.
You’ll likely choose the package that offers most your favorite channels and programming. Before you make a choice, you should hear about the Sling TV promotions that Solid Signal offers. They’re so hot that I can’t share them here. To find out about them, just call us at 888-233-7563. Our tech team will tell you know about our deals and answer your questions. If you’re ready to add some Sling to your family’s TV viewing choices, we can help.