All of the streaming service providers are constantly improving their products. This week, Amazon, Epix, and PlayStation Vue have the hottest news in the streaming world. While each of these providers offers different news, one common theme emerges – that the streaming service providers are working hard to bring you your favorite shows on your home TVs and computer systems. These streaming companies are also making it possible for you to stream your favorite TV shows while you’re on the road. If you view content on Amazon Prime, Epix, or PlayStation Vue, check out this week’s streaming news!
UFC Pay-Per-View Coming to Amazon Prime Video
Hey, fight fans! Amazon Prime has some great news for you. The streaming service provider has made Ultimate Fighting Championship pay-per-view events available for streaming. This means you can watch the UFC’s premier events on your TV screen, mobile device, or computer. Rumor has it there’s no additional apps or passwords needed. The first UFC on Amazon Prime will be UFC 222, which is scheduled for March 3 and features these fights:
- Cris Cyborg vs. Yana Kunitskaya
- Frankie Edgar vs. Brian Ortega
- Sean O’Malley vs. Andre Soukhamthath
- Stefan Struve vs. Andrei Arlovski
- Cat Zingano vs. Ketlen Vieira
Epix to Launch a 4K Standalone Streaming Service
Do you like Epix content enough to want it as a 4K standalone service? You’ll soon be able to get it without the need for Sling TV or a live TV streaming service.
Epix is a partnership between three entertainment giants – MGM, Paramount, and Lionsgate. To date, Epix has partnered with Sling TV for its streaming services. Now, the consortium wants to launch its own live TV streaming service that allows viewers to stream 4K content through its apps. This would chop out the middleman.
This announcements leaves Epix’ deal with Hulu in question. No one knows whether Epix soon-to-be standalone streaming service will nix its deal with Hulu or not because no announcement was made regarding this partnership. Like so many other things in the world of streaming, only time will tell.
PlayStation Vue Announces Three Big Improvements
Do you use PlayStation Vue to stream your favorite programs? If so, you’ll probably be excited about the company’s announcements this week:
- PlayStation Vue users can stream regional sports networks such as Fox Sports and NBC Sports even when you’re traveling out of market. This means you can catch your favorite team away from home.
- Anyone else notice that this comes just in time for the 2018 Major League Baseball season?
PlayStation Vue has the ability to stream through your phone’s browser without having to install the PlayStation Vue app.
- The service will let you stream local stations in markets away from home. If you’re driving around town, at work, or out to eat, you can watch your local TV stations. PlayStation Vue also lets you stream the TV stations in other markets when you travel to them.
These announcements are great for PlayStation Vue. Will these improvements be enough for the streaming service provider, though? In a recent streaming study from The Diffusion Group, PlayStation Vue only has 11.32 percent of the streaming marketing, or 0.6 million viewers. This puts the service in third place beneath Sling TV and DIRECTV NOW, first and second places, respectively. We shall see.