A lot of people are used to their phone acting up quite often, but it shouldn’t always be this way. There are different tricks you can try that will make your phone work faster. In order to do this, you will either have to install separate apps or simply change some things in the settings.
Here are ten tips on how to improve your phone’s optimization.
1. Make Chrome More Efficient
By using less bandwidth, you can make your mobile browsing faster. This can also help you burn through your monthly data allotment less quickly. Here are the steps you should follow to make Chrome more efficient:
- Open the Chrome app.
- At the top right of your screen, tap the “Menu” button.
- Now, select “Settings”.
- Tap the option called “Bandwidth management”, and then “Reduce data usage”.
- Finally, flip the switch and turn on the feature. From now on, Chrome will start optimizing content to decrease the amount of data sent to your phone.
2. Kill The Bloatware
When you purchase a phone, it comes with pre-installed apps. This bloatware does not have to necessarily take up space on your device. You can get rid of it by following these simple steps:
- Go to the system settings.
- Find the apps section.
- Swipe over to the right until you reach the column titled “All”.
- Now, scroll the list and find the app you want to zap.
- Tap the app and look for an “Uninstall” or “Disable” button.
- And you’re done! But you can repeat these steps for other apps.
3. Manage Your Time Better
We spend a lot of our time on social media and our phones don’t do anything to stop us from doing this. You might have tried limiting the time you pointlessly scroll through your feed, but it probably didn’t help. This is why there are some special apps that were developed just for this.
One of such time management apps you can try is RescueTime. It gives you a report with how much time you spend on each app. If you also want to get notifications for when you spend to much time on the Internet or you want to limit access to some apps, you can search for similar software that will have such options too.
4. Upgrade The System
One of the easiest ways to make your phone function faster is to simply upgrade the operating system. Some people don’t think it is necessary, but it is actually very effective once you allow your smartphone to start the update.
5. Practice Languages
This is more of a hack for those who are learning a foreign language and are looking for a way to practice your skills. You can switch your language settings to the one you are learning and try to navigate around it.
But if you are only on the beginner stage of learning and you have to translate a document, you can always use such an online localization service like The Word Point to get a professional and quality translation.
6. Clear Space
If you are not using a memory card or even if you are, you might find that your phone’s memory is not endless and at some point, you will run out of space. But there is a solution to this.
If you take many pictures or regularly record videos, those are probably the files that are taking up the most space. You can transfer them to your laptop by using the cable from your charger.
By going to your settings and following the steps in tip 2, you can access your apps and clean the cash or junk files that are taking up the valuable space.
7. Secure Your Phone Properly
Security apps can not only protect your phone but also improve their speed. Use such apps as 360 Security or others to detect viruses and clean cash and junk files. Believe it or not, but malware contamination is one of the biggest reasons why your phone may be working slower than usual.
In addition to a separate security app, you can also install and set up the Android Device Manager. With this software, you can track your device’s locations, lock it remotely, or even wipe it clean in case you lose it. Moreover, this app also lets you encrypt your smartphone for more security.
8. Make Autocorrect Your Friend
Instead of struggling with autocorrect, you can actually set it up in a way that will make it easier for you. Make autocorrect your friend by going to your settings and customizing your autocorrect dictionary. And as simple as that, you will be able to control what words will appear when you type.
9. Customize Your Interface
Your phone’s home screen can easily be customized the way you want it to be. There are different custom Android launchers that will make your phone more productive and flexible. You can try these ones:
- Nova Launcher: This launcher emulates the stock Android environment and lets you tweak and improve different details about it.
- EverythingMe: This launcher acts more dramatically. It lets you add all sorts of features from card-centric layouts to context-sensitive panels.
- Terrain Home: This launcher is quite similar to the previous one, but it’s just as good of a choice.
10. Extend Your Battery’s Life
Most smartphones are only able to work for several hours. It’s always frustrating to have your phone die on you. Here are some tips on how you can prevent this:
- Carry a charger with you. When you find a socket, simply charge your phone.
- Buy a power bank. They come in different forms and sizes as well as in different capacities.
- When you are not using them, turn off Bluetooth and Wi-Fi.
- Close apps that are running in the background.
- Turn down the brightness of your screen and mute your notifications.
- Use the power-saving mode if you have one.
To sum up, you should definitely try most of these if not all and see the results for yourself. You will notice that not only your phone works faster but your life will also become easier.