Ready to cut the cord and give up cable TV? Cord cutting is growing more and more popular for many reasons, and here are six of them.
You hear the term “cutting the cord,” but have ever thought about what that means? It speaks to severing the connection to expensive, unreliable cable TV, but there’s more to it. The original meaning of the term speaks to adults ending their dependence upon their parents and going out on their own. Tired of how “Mama Cable” dictates what you watch? Want to show her you’re big enough to make your own decisions? TV antennas and satellite dishes are a great way to do it. Here are six reasons why you should cut the cord that feeds you expensive TV programming.
1. Saving money: “Mama Cable” takes too much of your hard-earned money. What’s the solution? A TV antenna that captures 10 of the top 10 TV shows shown over the air for free! Today’s VHF/UHF HDTV antennas can grab those local HDTV signals right out of the air then send them into your home. All you have to do is cut the cord then purchase the right equipment, which usually costs much less than cable.
2. No contract: Applications, credit checks and multi-year contracts is what cable is all about. Too bad you don’t always get your money’s worth. Cable service routinely goes down, leaving you with nothing but dead air. You still have to pay for this time. With TV antennas and equipment, you pay for it once and it’s yours forever. From that point forward, you’re enjoying free TV. Think of all the money you’ll save!
3. Easy installation: Ever work with a cable TV installer? Having the wrong one can make a mess of your home rather quickly. Installing a TV antenna is a better way. In most cases, you can do it yourself. If you need some help, just call us at Solid Signal. Our team will walk you through the process or send one of our qualified installers to get the job done.
Satellite dishes are easy to install. Many of our customers are do-it-yourselfers who can have the whole thing set up within an hour or so. If you’re not the mechanical type, we know plenty of professional installers across the country who can help. These folks will have you enjoying crystal clear, HD satellite TV in no time.
4. Streaming: It’s an affordable option available for cord cutters. Companies such as Amazon, HBO, and Netflix, among others. These allow viewers to subscribe to their services for a price that’s more affordable than most cable plans. With streaming services, you watch what you want when you want, without the high costs of cable. You’re paying for landline Internet anyway. Why not use it to its greatest potential?
5. Quality: Over-the-air TV is always going to have better quality than cable. Cable companies take the antenna-based signal then reprocess it to fit more channels on a single wire. When a digital signal is decompressed, processed, then re-compressed, it’s not very different than what happens when you make an analog copy. Only antenna TV retains the signal’s pristine quality level, making it the best option for TV lovers.
6. It just feels good. There’s a liberating feeling that comes from taking control of your life. Cutting the cord is taking control of how you enjoy television entertainment. Plus, it’s a great way to show those big cable corporations that you’re in charge now!
Ready to Cut the Cord?
If you’re here, you’re interested in cutting the cord. Chances are, you want to save money on your monthly bills. That’s a great reason to cut the cable TV cord, but it’s not the only one. As you can see, there are many good reasons to do this. Cutting the cord is a big decision, and we’re here to help you each step of the way.
For the best antenna advice, call Solid Signal at 877.312.4547.