Have you ever wondered what your employees are doing when you’re not around?
Has your cash register ever been short or has inventory ever seemingly disappeared?
Owning your own business can be a wonderful experience and is the dream of many people. Before you hire anyone to work for you, consider these facts:
Facts about Employee Theft…
· Businesses lose 20% of every dollar to employee theft!- American Society of Employers
· In 2007, one in every 28.2 employees was apprehended for theft from their employer- Jack Hayes International, Inc. survey
· 75% of employees steal from work and most do so repeatedly- US Chamber of Commerce
· In 2007, 82,648 employees were apprehended from 24 large retail companies, up 17.57% from 2006- Jack Hayes International, Inc. survey
· 30% of corporate bankruptcies result from employee theft- US Chamber of Commerce
· The FBI calls employee theft the fastest growing crime in America
· 55% of perpetrators of employee theft are managers- American Society of Employers
The Boston Globe and Denver Post report that “time theft” and loafing cost U.S. companies over $400 Billion a year in lost productivity
If these facts are scary, it’s because they should be. There are a lot of dishonest people out there who feel like they are entitled to take money out of your pocket. For many it’s because they have an idea in their head that because you own a business you must be rich so you won’t notice a few dollars missing here and there. For others it’s sadly out of necessity because they simply can’t afford to feed their families.
The good news is there is something you can do to drastically reduce the odds of employee theft occurring in your business. The even better news is that it will not cost you much when compared to the benefits.
A DIY Video Security System is a proven way to reduce the chances of employee theft, increase productivity, and reduce shoplifting. A web-ready system with 4 cameras which can be seen anywhere in the world can be purchased for as little as $599.99. For more information contact your friendly sales representatives at Solid Signal to help you choose the system which is right for you!