A lot of people call our tech desk and ask why they would want a SWM upgrade. So, let’s lay it out nice and easy… here are the advantages:
- A SWM system only needs one wire per receiver.
- Genie DVRs and clients only work with SWM systems.
- All future DIRECTV products will be SWM-only.
- SWM systems let you do whole-home viewing without ethernet cables.
- The network design used in SWMs is much better for whole-home viewing.
- A SWM system uses a separate power inserter and doesn’t rely on power fro the receivers (like an older system.)
- SWM systems can use splitters anywhere in the run, while older systems can’t be split.