Because bad things can happen to good people. Yes, we realize that statement is jarring and uncomfortable but it’s true. Because we live in an uncertain world, we’re forced to think about things like perimeter security solutions and the reasons we need them:
- To protect your home or business
- Protect the items inside your home or business
- Most importantly, protecting people’s lives
Yes, it really is that simple, and that’s a good thing. In matters of safety and security, it’s best to keep things as straightforward as possible. That will help you make the best decision for…
…Your Perimeter Security Solution
Do you need one for your home or business? You probably already know if you do. That brings us to our next question. What type of perimeter security system do you need? If you’re looking for something that alerts you when someone is approaching, then you need the Dakota MURS alert transmitter and base station receiver kit.
Solid Signal sells a lot of these units and there’s good reason for that. This kit from Dakota provides peach of mind for anyone looking for perimeter security. One couple set the receiver up at the electric gate at the entrance to their property. (The base is in a central location inside their home.) Now, they’re notified whenever someone drives up before they ever punch in a code on the remote keypad.
This MURS kit offers plenty of benefits that include:
- You don’t need an FCC license to use it
- It has a range up to 2 miles
- It features 5 channels with 38 privacy codes
- It comes with batteries for both devices
How This Outdoor Perimeter Alarm Works
Not everyone who needs perimeter security is an electronics products expert. If that sounds like you, you might be glad to know that it’s very easy to use. The unit includes a transmitter and base station transceiver that you set up in three easy steps:
- Secure the transmitter in the area you want to monitor.
- Place the receiver at your base station.
- The unit alerts you whenever a large animal, person, or vehicle crosses the beam.
To help you make the most of this, we spoke with one of our customers. He was kind enough to share these helpful tips for this product:
- Install the transmitter as securely as you can.
- Use quality replacement batteries and remember to change them regularly
- Insert a mothball inside case to deter insects
- Seal antenna base with silicone to keep moisture out of antenna hole
- Heat-shrink tubing to seal telescoping antenna sections from moisture
- Protect sensor membrane with 1/2″ hardware cloth screen
- Place base station near a window with decent line-of-sight to the signal
Here’s another important tip he shared: Use one or more Dakota MURS transceiver radios (sold separately). Whenever he or his wife are outside, these radios let them can communicate back to the house if they cross the device’s beam. Many other customers reported similar successes with the additional transceiver radios.
Perimeter Security Solution from Solid Signal
We’ve told you quite a bit about this perimeter security kit but you might have questions. It’s only natural. If this is you, give our reps a call at 888-233-7563. They’ll be happy to give you more information about this product. You can also fill out the form below and send it to us. A member of our team will get back to you.